Elizabeth’s will use the additional funding for a sensory room.
• A quiet space dedicated to stimulating, developing and relaxing the senses.
• This will provide a therapeutic environment for children with autism and other educational needs.
• Sensory equipment can be used to develop a range of physical skills
• The sensory room can act as a calming space for pupils experiencing emotional or behavioural difficulties
• Sensory rooms can help children learn to manage their emotions in a controlled environment, without feeling they are being isolated or punished.
Elizabeth’s is also passionate about growing fruit and vegetables in the garden and teaching children the whole process.
• Children will have the chance to have their own little growing patch to water and be responsible for.
• This will bring new life to the garden inviting wildlife.
• A compost bin will help reduce mostly all waste no longer edible allowing it to decompose.
• Gives children the opportunity to not only dig in dirt but to also explore the outdoors.
Elizabeth’s is hoping to employ two members of staff part time and offer apprenticeships to those with needs finding it hard to “fit in” or find work. it’s about helping everyone! I recognise how hard it can be for families out there too and I would like to help as much as possible by giving food parcels and packages.
We want to help our community especially family’s We have so much! It’s all a very much working process but we aim to be officially open this September!
Small changes individually and big changes together, we can do something about climate change!